This apprenticeship course has been designed to provide the opportunity to study Podiatry BSc(Hons) whilst being employed within a Podiatry team. During the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to build the knowledge and skills you need whilst learning in specialist clinical facilities. We aim to provide you with the skills to improve the mobility and quality of life of your patients.
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain vital experience using our fully equipped on-site Podiatry Clinic, surgical theatre suite, biomechanics gait analysis equipment and orthotics laboratory.
- Clinical placements will be undertaken each year, where you can put what you’ve learnt to the test in the real world.
- The course helps to prepare you for working as part of a multidisciplinary team, as you’ll take part in interprofessional learning alongside physiotherapists, occupational therapists and pharmacy students.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hear the experiences and viewpoints from service users and carers, who are part of the Public Partnership Group.
- You’ll have the opportunity to qualify with a certificate in local anaesthesia and prescription only medicines (POMs) annotation.
In line with the apprenticeship model, whilst undertaking the course you’ll remain employed by your host organisation and during term time you’ll spend 40% of the time in your current workplace and the remaining 60% at the University undertaking theoretical and practical skills development. The course culminates in an End Point Assessment (EPA) which is independently assessed outside of the Higher Education Institution. The course is designed to be progressively demanding and once qualified you’ll will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).