The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is the world’s leading computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges, and governments around the world. It offers candidates‘ the fastest, fairest and most flexible way of proving English language proficiency. It is accepted by 98% of UK universities and approved by the UK Home office.
The test assesses the test taker’s ability to engage in effective English language communication, as a part of their academic or professional requirements.
PTE Academic scores are accepted by thousands of institutions and approved for all UK, Australian and New Zealand visa and immigration categories
Why Choose PTE Academic?
Considered as the most unbiased English test, PTE Academic is powered by Artificial Intelligence. Therefore, it provides a fast and convenient testing solution without human bias.
The test is computerized and hence results are announced within 2 business days.
Reliable and Valid
The PTE tests are computerized and demonstrates high reliability and validity.
PTE Academic Test Format
The PTE Academic comprises of 20 different item types, and each test taker is expected to answer anywhere between 71 to 83 items.
Questions can range from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
The PTE Academic lasts for approximately 3 hours.
The Test assess four skills namely:
- This section involves providing personal introduction and includes answering short questions, summarizing written texts and essays.
- Total duration of the Speaking skills section is 77 – 93 minutes
Reading & Writing
- This section comprises of both single and multiple choice questions, testing the ability to comprehend practical reading and writing skills.
- Total duration of the Reading & Writing skills section is 32 – 40 minutes
- This section comprises of summarizing, dictation and consists of both single and multiple-choice questions.
- Total duration of the Listening skills section is 45 – 57 minutes
PTE Academic Scoring Format
The score for PTE Academic is based on the GSE (Global Scale of English).
The overall score is determined on the basis of performance on all test items. It demonstrates the test taker’s ability to deal in an English-speaking academic environment. Scores are calculated on the correctness or quality of response of few item types.
The score range is 10–90 points.
Communicative skills scores
The communicative skills are measured for listening, reading, speaking and writing skills.
Enabling skills scores
Enabling skills helps the test taker to understand his strengths and areas for improvement in terms of English language proficiency. It provides a summary of the performance on different language aspects.
Are you ready to start building your future?
Contact our admission counseller and get a free consultation.