This course provides the opportunity for those who have studied an undergraduate degree to undertake a two-year full-time Master's course and upon successful completion receive eligibility for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). The course helps you to develop the skills required, to become a confident, competent, caring, and compassionate child nurse in a rapidly changing health and social care environment. This includes developing the vital skills required to care for children, young people, and their families whatever their circumstances, including those with acute illness, long-term conditions, or those who need help to maintain their health.
- The course will assist you to develop both practical and theoretical skills, to achieve your full potential as a child nurse and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards. These include professional values, communication, and interpersonal skills, nursing practice and decision-making, and leadership, management, and team working. The course also teaches you how to respond to the needs of all patients and service users from all fields of nursing including adult, learning disability, and mental health.
- This challenging and intensive course comprises 50% theory and 50% practice, where you will undertake placements in a range of settings. The course consists of three stages, each comprising several compulsory modules, where you will have the opportunity to study alongside students from other fields of nursing.
- You will be taught by Lecturers who are committed and passionate, as well as supervisors and assessors who are research active and have extensive and varied experience in child nursing.
- Teaching takes place in innovative and contemporary teaching and learning environments, including a fully equipped simulated children’s ward, in which you will learn in a safe environment.
- Student support will be given from personal tutors and year leaders, as well as academic learning support and experienced practice supervisors and assessors.
If you are passionate about children and young people and have the patience, good humor, and people skills to care for children, young people, and their families, then this course may be ideal for you.