This course provides the opportunity for those who have studied an undergraduate degree to undertake a two-year full-time Master's. Develop the skills required to become a confident, competent, caring and compassionate child nurse with this innovative blended learning nursing Master’s. It provides the opportunity for you to study in a flexible way, that fits around work and life. This course could be a great place for you to take the first steps towards making a huge difference to people’s everyday lives.
- This course is regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and has strong partnerships with NHS Trusts, private and voluntary organisations.
- You will be taught by Lecturers who are committed and passionate, as well as supervisors and assessors who are research active and have extensive and varied experience in child nursing.
- You will develop and practice your clinical skills in a safe environment in our fully-equipped simulated children’s ward using our patient simulators.
- Clinical placements provide opportunities for you to put what you have learnt into practice in a variety of acute settings including children's wards, accident and emergency departments and neonatal intensive care.
- Student support will be given from personal tutors and year leaders, as well as academic learning support and experienced practice supervisors and assessors.
This course uses mainly digital technologies and includes practical hands-on experience. Although the theoretical component is predominantly delivered online, you will attend the campus in Huddersfield (or similar venue close to your home) for a maximum total of four one-week blocks for simulation and skills training. You will do this in each year of the course, providing the opportunity for you to practice skills in a safe and controlled environment. You will also undertake practice placements across the NHS and healthcare organisations in a setting close to home.
The course will assist you to develop both practical and theoretical skills, in order to achieve your full potential as a child nurse and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards. These include professional values, communication and interpersonal skills, nursing practice and decision making, and leadership, management and team working. The course also teaches you how to respond to the needs of all patients and service users from all fields of nursing including adult, learning disability and mental health.
If you are passionate about children and young people, and have the patience, good humor and people skills to care for children, young people and their families, then this course maybe ideal for you.