This course provides the opportunity for those who have studied an undergraduate degree to undertake a two-year full-time Master's. So, whether you would like to provide care for adults in the community or an acute setting, this innovative blended learning nursing Master’s is designed to provide a great foundation for your future career in adult nursing. It provides the opportunity for you to study in a flexible way, that fits around work and life. You will receive teaching and support from experienced lecturers, practice supervisors and assessors, this course could be a great place for you to take the first steps towards making a huge difference to people’s everyday lives.
- This course is regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and has strong partnerships with NHS Trusts, private and voluntary organisations.
- Supported by a team who really understand what it is like to be an adult nurse, you will learn online through seminars, group work, simulation and practical skills experience.
- You will have an opportunity to learn key clinical skills and engage in simulation-based learning within a safe environment utilising human patient simulators to enhance your confidence, competence and understanding of patient care.
- You will undertake clinical placements throughout the course in a variety of settings including hospitals, nursing homes, in the community, as well as voluntary and private sectors.
- You will have the opportunity to hear the experiences and viewpoints from service users and carers, who are part of the Public Partnership Group.
This course uses mainly digital technologies and also includes practical hands-on experience. Although the theoretical component is predominantly delivered online, you will attend the campus in Huddersfield (or similar venue close to your home) for a maximum total of four one-week blocks for simulation and skills training. You will do this in each year of the course, providing the opportunity for you to practise skills in a safe and controlled environment. You will also undertake practice placements across the NHS and healthcare organisations in a setting close to home.
The course aims to help you become a confident, competent, caring and compassionate nurse. From day one, you will get the opportunity to learn in a supportive, forward-thinking and well-connected environment. You will explore all aspects of nursing, from the fundamentals of providing care to more advanced topics such as complex needs, and leadership and management. You will develop a range of specialist skills including communication, decision-making, team working and upholding professional values, as well as practical and theoretical skills in order to help and achieve your full potential as an adult nurse and meet the NMC Standards.