This course is aimed at health or social care professionals who would like to gain or enhance their knowledge of leg ulcer management.It provides an opportunity for you to develop the competences required to conduct assessments, plan, deliver and evaluate healthcare interventions for clients with ulceration of the lower limb. You will be taught the importance of diagnosis of the underlying disease attributing to lower limb ulceration, how to effectively manage lower limb ulceration and control factors which can delay healing. You will also study how to recognise the importance of preventative strategies and methods used to maintain healed legs.
- This course is the only fully online University accredited course at Master’s level which relates to leg ulcer management within the whole of the United Kingdom.
- You will be taught by experts in the field of wound management who are recognised as national and international key opinion leaders.
- During this course you will undertake clinical experience in your own workplace. This will permit you to identify the assessment tools that contribute to the diagnosis of the underlying pathophysiology, in order to ensure appropriate interventions are prescribed in line with patient needs.
- As this course is distance learning you are not required to attend the University and can study at a time that meets your own personal and professional commitments.
- Excellent student support will be provided through fortnightly webinars and one to one tutorials.
This course will also reiterate the importance of research and clinical evidence in relation of lower limb ulceration, developing critical appraisal skills to enable care to be challenged aiming to reduce unwanted variation in clinical management.