This course will enable you to critically appraise the importance of social, technological and cultural dimensions of fashion communication and promotion as applied to your personal practice and that of others. You will develop advanced knowledge and understanding of communication strategies to build compelling experiences in the creation of products and services for customers.
The aim of this course is:
- To enable you to evidence awareness and relevance of your practice in relation to professional standards in fashion communication and promotion.
- To develop innovative and imaginative approaches to the principles and processes critical to commercial and creative fashion communication strategies.
- To experiment, expand and encourage progressive thinking in the sustainable practices to meet future fashion industry opportunities and customer demands.
- To support the realisation of a major project that combines knowledge of advanced ideation and the application of creative, aesthetic, technical and analytical skills appropriate to the fashion and textiles discipline.
- Encourage confidence in your academic and creative potential through reflective practice and concept generation, mastering and challenging core fashion and textile knowledge and understanding through interweaving new concepts, materials and technologies.
This course will enable you to position yourself as an innovator and creative in both the niche and mass markets of the global design and retail industry. You will achieve this by acquiring advanced subject knowledge and developing expertise in sustainable and ethical approaches to creative design, material futures and fashion promotion. You will be able to operate at the forefront of the fashion retail renaissance, driven to positive impact, choice, innovation, and creation of high-quality products and processes.