In this course you’ll have the opportunity to focus on the use of technology in your particular field, develop technical skills, including blogs, wikis and other social media tools, to deepen your understanding of frameworks and how technology can enhance and support learning. While there are a wide range of technological tools you may be able to use in your teaching, the course will encourage you to think critically about effective they are in supporting learning. A strong interest in developing teaching using information and communication technology is key - being an IT expert is not.
Why Education (Technology Enhanced Learning)?
- You'll learn about and critically examine new pedagogical models such as massively open online courses (MOOCs), learning analytics where data is used to analyse and improve learning, and rhizomatic learning.
- This course combines making a difference in your particular teaching/training context with learning about how to undertake research in a systematic and rigours manner.
- The course is tailored around you. You can build on your current knowledge and skills and choose from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- On this course you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice. You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of technology in education for your dissertation.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.