On this course you’ll focus on developing your professional knowledge and understanding of practice related to your own context in formal education. It will help you to understand how a teachers’ role is constructed. What teacher identities are and how these shape the role of teachers. You’ll have the opportunity to gain research skills and reflective awareness. The course can help you progress into middle and senior management roles within a wide range of educational settings.
Why Education (Teaching and Learning)?
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice.
- You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of teaching and learning for your dissertation.
- A further key component is the ability to exchange and share learning with and from others; you’ll have ample opportunities to work with students from a wide range of disciplines and organisations.
- The course is tailored around you.You can expand on your teaching and learning focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.