If you’re looking to develop your career within the specialist field of early childhood education (0-7 years), then this course could be for you.
Why Education (Early Childhood Studies)?
- In this course you’ll reflect on a range of international attitudes to early childhood education. You’ll also consider the relationship between theoretical perspectives and aspects of practice in early childhood education.
- You’ll have the opportunity to focus on current issues faced by early years professionals and you’ll study early childhood education in international contexts. Themes include children’s rights, the sociology of childhood, psychological perspectives on childhood, and international approaches to early years education. The course combines knowledge about practical aspects of the early year's curriculum with the opportunity to bring a theoretical understanding to help to deepen and challenge your thinking.
- The course is tailored around you. You can expand on your early years focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organization to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- In this course you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice. You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of early childhood studies for your dissertation.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.