Animation Production is at the forefront of storytelling, creating a deep emotional connection to a global audience.
Animation is made up of many different creative processes and inhabits a multitude of contexts. The Masters course provides an opportunity for you to hone your professional approaches to the discipline. In the creation of animation for different commercial and artistic platforms, the world of the animator occupies both physical and digital arenas and is increasingly seen as an innovative and dynamic communication tool of the future. Our course offers continuing students or graduates from creative art and design subjects with an opportunity to enhance their knowledge, creative skills and employment prospects.
Our course aims to enable you to:
- Critically appraise the importance of social, ethical, technological and cultural dimensions of animation production as applied to your personal practice and that of others.
- Evidence advanced knowledge and understanding of animation production and its current and emerging global applications such as, but not limited to, 2D and 3D analogue, digital and computer animation, motion graphics, game art and design.
- Systematically plan, negotiate and implement topical research to substantiate a coherent body of practice in advanced animation production.
- Contribute to the principles and processes of animation production in supporting innovation within commercial or creative industries.
- Evidence awareness and relevance of your practice and skills in relation to professional standards in animation production, such as through appropriately developed animation pipeline processes