- MA Digital Media Arts provides an opportunity to study one or more digital specialisms including video, kinetics, animation, sound, games, photography, social and interactive media.
- Experiment and explore emerging technologies and develop innovative and effective combinations of practices and media.
- Develop high-level skills in your chosen specialisms or areas of interest supported by expert tutors.
- Project-based work where the emphasis is on the creative, informed application of new technologies and devices to produce compelling user experiences.
- You will be able to produce a substantial self-initiated digital media project supported by excellent resources and expertise.
Why choose this course?
Digital media is everywhere in the modern world, affecting all aspects of our lives, our work, leisure and social and personal relationships. The MA Digital Media Arts award allows students to gain practical experience and knowledge of the ways that a range of contemporary digital media are produced and used, both alone and in combination. Working in one or more specialisms which can include video, kinetics, animation, games, photography, social and interactive media, students are encouraged to experiment with combinations of media through digital ‘sketches’ and then, through developing more extended works informed by their individual interests, to pursue a substantial, practical enquiry into an original creative application of digital media in a major project.
Students typically explore areas such as interactive advertising, responsive objects and environments, networked information and social-media systems, interactive video, live performance technology and digital art installations.