UK Government in addition to mandatory covid test have now introduced mandatory hotel quarantining for nationals of some countries and for others a COVID Test packaging costing £210.
This below is the summary of rules when entering the UK.
Before Arriving in England everyone must:
- take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and get a negative result during the 3 days before you travel
- book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your quarantine
- complete a passenger locator form with details of where you will home quarantine when you arrive and the travel test package booking reference number
After you arrive in England, you must:
- take 2 coronavirus tests - you’ll need to book these before you travel
- quarantine for 10 days - either in the place you’re staying or in a quarantine hotel
Where you need to quarantine depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive in England.
You have to take these tests and quarantine, even though you provided a negative test result to enter England.