Why choose this course?
- Open the door to a broad range of amazing career opportunities in finance.
- Join an exciting community of like-minded individuals who will not only be your classmates, but friends.
- Expand on your knowledge of finance and the financial sector and develop the necessary skills for you to succeed in the dynamic, high-reward, finance and banking industries.
- You will be taught by a friendly and supportive group of academics and professionals, who bring their extensive industry and academic knowledge and experiences from different parts of the globe. They are not just here to teach you, but to inspire and motivate you to achieve your full potential.
- Access to an excellent range of teaching and learning facilities, including access to a vast range of online business, finance, and economic resources, as well as specialised databases and online discussions with staff and students.
What's the course about?
Indicative course structure
This degree gives you an in-depth understanding of today’s business world. You’ll explore accounting, marketing, and human resources, as well as the fast-moving international financial sector – from financial markets and investments to banking and economics. It’s an ideal choice if you know you’d like a respected business degree and you’re interested in finance but perhaps not yet sure where you’d like to specialise. It enables you to bring both disciplines together and to understand how they interact and impact society.
The course will also have modules specifically focused on your employability and developing and enhancing the skill necessary to thrive in your future career.
The First Year introduces general business and finance modules, namely Principals of Finance and The Finance Professionals, which encompass Economics, Quantitative Methods and Ethics. These modules give our students a firm foundation and help them to build a general understanding of finance in the context of society.
The Second Year explores employability for our students. We focus on the academic concepts covering the general disciplines and the ongoing development of quantitative analysis skills, namely Econometrics, Business Ethics and Analysing Financial Statements. We enable our students to understand and process financial information in businesses so that they apply those skills in their future careers.
The Final Year focuses on analytical areas such as Creative Problem Solving for Managers, Contemporary Issues in Business and Management, and Financial Aspects of International Business. These modules are designed to develop the professional skills that our students need to be successful in their future careers
Work placement/ study abroad option: In this course, students can also have the opportunity of gaining valuable work experience by going on a year-long, paid work placement or studying abroad to polish up their foreign language skills. The Careers and Employment Service on College Lane offers a range of services to students and alumni to help with their career choices, finding employment (including placements), skills enhancement (including CV writing and interview technique), and preparation for the workplace. Also, students can Study Abroad, spending part of their degree course studying, living, and experiencing life abroad at one of our partner universities across the globe.