Our MA in Educational Leadership is designed for leaders or aspiring leaders in all areas of education. The course will develop your professional knowledge in relation to your current context by building on the significant experience and expertise which you will bring with you to the course.
University of Chester
Educational Leadership MA
- The minimum entry requirement is usually a 2:2 honours degree plus relevant experience. Candidates without these qualifications will be invited to attend an interview to ensure their suitability for the course.
- IELTS: 6.5 (Min 5.5 in each sub-skill).
Many of our graduates have secured senior or promoted roles as a result of achieving their MA in Educational Leadership. Their enhanced understanding of the leadership within education has informed their own practice as leaders, ensuring that they have a bigger impact on their own educational setting.
You will complete a series of modules which you will be able to select in order to meet your needs and interests. The modules will develop your understanding of leadership and your ability to respond to the variety of leadership situations that you will find yourself in.
• Dissertation Compulsory
• An introduction to the skills, principles and practice of effective mentoring/coaching Optional
• Co-ordinating Mentoring and Coaching Programmes. Optional
• Coaching Principles, Processes and Skills Optional
• Creativity, Innovation and Leadership Optional
• Developing client, knowledge, skills and expertise through effective dialogue Optional
• Effective SEND Leadership and Management Optional
• Globalisation of Education Optional
• Leadership Theory into Practice Optional
• Leading Change in Faith Schools Optional
• Leading Change in Schools Optional
• Leading Governance in Schools Optional
• Leading in Faith Schools Optional
• Negotiated Study Optional
• Negotiated Study 1 Optional
• Negotiated Study 2 Optional
• Neuroscience of Educational Leadership Optional
• Power, Politics and Policy in Educational Leadership Optional
• Professional Development Review Optional
• Research design Optional
• Systems Leadership Optional
• The Psychology of Leadership Optional
Are you ready to start building your future?
Contact our admission counseller and get a free consultation.