The MSc Marketing with Advanced Practice is an academically challenging and strategically relevant programme in advanced marketing study, with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurship. The Advanced Practice element offers students the opportunity to gain valuable workplace environment experience.
The programme is distinctive in exploring leading-edge thinking from scholarly sources, alongside a syllabus rich in the practical application of marketing. It has been designed in conjunction with senior marketing executives from industry to address the strategic importance that companies must become more marketing focused and more professional and entrepreneurial in marketing practices.
The course provides an academic insight which educates, develops and enhances the professional competence marketing and business students and will prepare you for middle management and senior appointments in marketing within public, private and social economy sectors.
Students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and insight in the following areas:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with a particular focus on Marketing
- Prepare and/or develop students for a career in marketing and business by facilitating the development of enhanced transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels
- Develop students’ ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice
- Enhance students’ lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems
- Develop strong transferable skills of logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues
- Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project
- Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning