This programme has been designed for those who have an undergraduate degree in any discipline who wish to study for a qualification which focuses on cyber security in order to develop a career path in this discipline. The MSc in Cyber Security Technology is ideally suited to those who have no prior learning in cyber security, the modular content is reflective of this strategy.
This Masters programme has been designed in consultation with partners from the industry to ensure you learn up-to-date cyber security knowledge required by employers across the industry. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers at an entry or junior level in the cyber security sector and IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers.
The Advanced Practice option integrates an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project into the Masters programme, offering the opportunity to spend three months gaining all-important work experience and employability skills in a professional work setting.
- Enhance your theoretical and applied knowledge expertise in the rapidly growing cyber security industry
- Demonstrate your security capabilities in important, emerging technologies such as the cloud and big data
- Develop your business intelligence and leadership capabilities
- Northumbria University is recognised as a Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACEs-CSR) by the National Cyber Security Centre
- The Advanced Practice includes an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project, enhancing your employability with all-important work experience