Challenging, diverse and always evolving – this master's program prepares aspiring media professionals to meet the challenges posed by a period of unprecedented change in the local and global media environment. There are numerous and diverse professional pathways in the creative and digital economy and this course is designed to prepare you with key sector skills such as digital media marketing, audience engagement, and data analytics to ensure you succeed in the workplace.
Additionally, this offers a wider analytical perspective on the issues affecting media and creative industries and emphasizes equipping you with soft skills, new styles of leadership, and an appreciation of creativity as an integral part of management practices in the field.
Why study MA Media Management at Middlesex University?
This program combines applied and theoretical knowledge and understanding to equip you with the vital skills necessary for a successful management career in the media. It's been designed to meet the demands of media professionals by focusing on strong leadership skills, the ability to manage change, and to promote innovation and creativity.
You'll study pedagogically innovative modules that draw on the interdisciplinary strengths of diverse teaching expertise. This includes areas across media studies, the creative industries, political and digital economy, management, marketing, and branding, reflecting current professional trends and academic research.
- Take advantage of our London location with many production, film, and social media companies right on your doorstep as well as being taught by lecturers who are involved in the industry
- Learn from an established network of guest lecturers from a range of different industries. Previous lectures and visits included Ofcom, Amazon Studios, Facebook, and smaller start-ups and production companies
- Gain from the inclusion of data fusion skills such as digital marketing and audience analytics
- Work opportunities are accessible through industry links with media and creative organizations embedded within the curriculum, field trips, and industry visits
- Our MDXworks employment hub will connect you with an Employability Adviser who will work with you to develop a tailored programme of employability support for you including 1:1 advice and guidance
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.