MA Graphic Design explores the ever-changing landscape of graphic design to build critical understanding, individual design thinking processes, practical experience and insightful design solutions. The course offers areas of specialism in typography, branding, editorial and book design, social enterprise and digital interactive experiences.
Why you should study MA Graphic Design at Middlesex University?
We take a problem-solving approach to graphic design to explore contemporary practice through design thinking, insight and co-design processes, prototyping ideas, and building expert collaborative networks with external partners.
We are a diverse collective, working across project areas of typography & information, brand identity & campaigns, new technology & digital experiences, design writing & insight analysis, sustainability & environmental issues, structural packaging and book design.
Based in the Grove, our £80 million Arts and Creative Industries building, and taught by some of the UK's leading practitioners from a range of disciplines, our course features world-class facilities and specialist workshops fitted with both new and traditional equipment, and these will be part of our blended learning approach available where possible. With opportunities to build industry contacts and exhibit your work externally, you'll also gain the employability skills, exposure and experiences you need to navigate a successful career path in today's competitive creative industries.
- Fully equipped 3D workshops, laser cutting and 3D printing, printmaking and letterpress, digital printing, reprographics, bookbinding and fully equipped photography, animation and film studios, with expert technical support
- Each self-initiated project is tailored to each individual’s specialism and ambitions in industry, research, design writing, PhD or education, with the aim to establish expert links and specialist networks for each project
- You will exhibit your work externally, creating networking opportunities to build industry contacts in a professional environment
- You will have access to world-leading design research and expertise through the Art & Design Research Institute (ADRI)
- As a student of this course you'll receive access to the Adobe Creative Suite for every module.