Middlesex University London
Financial Services (Top-up) BA Honours
In addition to qualifications such as A level and International Baccalaureate, we accept a wide range of international qualifications.
Find out more about the qualifications we accept from your country on the relevant support in your country page. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact your nearest regional office for support.
English language requirements for international students
You must have competence in English language to study with us. The most commonly accepted evidence of English language ability is IELTS 6.0 (with minimum 5.5 in all components). We also normally require Grade C GCSE or an equivalent qualification. Visit our English language requirements page for a full list of accepted tests and qualifications. For some EU countries, we may be able to accept English language competency evidenced through your high school qualification. If you don't meet our minimum English language requirements, we offer an intensive pre-sessional English course.
Visas and immigration
In order to study in the UK, you will need to apply for a student route visa. Please see our visas and immigration page for further information.
- Building on your financial services background, you will gain a thorough knowledge of finance theory and policy; international monetary theory and policy and the operations of modern financial institutions including services, products, risks, and markets.
- Through studying the course core modules you will explore the issues involved in delivering financial services in a real-world context, examining regulatory and ethical issues. You will also develop an understanding of the theory and practice of financial data analysis and the marketing approaches employed in the sector. Further modules will train you in the marketing function of financial services, and quantitative and computing methods applicable to fiscal sectors.
What will you gain?
You will develop a suite of transferable skills including the analytical, numerical (finding and evaluating information) and information technology skills required for financial services professionals. Alongside this you will learn to write effectively for business and communicate more proficiently in both written and spoken form.
- Our London campus means you’ll have access to some of the world’s biggest financial institutions and start-ups so you’re able to build professional experience before you graduate.
- Access to Financial Markets Lab, a state-of-the-art facility where you’ll be trained on how to use Bloomberg and Datastream financial software.
- An opportunity to gain a CIMA certificate following training on Sage accounting software. In addition to access to Chartered Management Institute's Management Direct Resource Hub.
- Graduate with a proficiency in financial software programmes like Minitab and SPSS, equipping you with transferable skills for a career in finance.
Global Issues in Financial Services (30 credits) – Compulsory
Marketing for Financial Services (30 credits) – Compulsory
Financial Data Analysis (30 credits) – Compulsory
International Finance (30 credits) - Optional (Compulsory Jan Start)
Business Finance (30 credits) – Optional
Investment Analysis (30 credits) – Optional
Are you ready to start building your future?
Contact our admission counseller and get a free consultation.