Why study cyber security and digital forensics with us
- Our BSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics will develop your theoretical knowledge while you gain the skills, practical experience and certifications to excel in areas that range from compliance management to cyber forensics and everywhere in between. Tailor your studies to gain the expert knowledge, certifications and specialist cyber security skills that are in high demand across all sectors and industries.
- You’ll enhance your understanding of compliance standards within a range of industries and networks, learn to identify breaches, vulnerabilities and threats – and build the digital investigation skills that will minimise their impact on organisations.
- Build your practical skills
- We’ll give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills with a year-long, paid work experience placement as part of a four-year study option. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, it may not be possible for placements to take place this academic year. Placements will be subject to full risk assessment to ensure that the placement provider meets UK government criteria for COVID secure workplaces. You’ll also have the chance to gain industry-recognised certifications, including Cisco's CCNA and CCNP.
- You’ll put theory into practice with hands-on experiments in our dedicated network, cyber security and digital forensic labs. There may be some restrictions to labs as a result of Covid-19. Where possible, practical online demos will be provided where it is not possible to access labs directly.
- Our cyber security degree gives you the flexibility to tailor your studies with optional modules that let you focus on your areas of interest while you develop the skills that will give you a competitive edge in the industry.
- Get the support you need to succeed
- Our personalised approach gives you the support you need to succeed as a student. While you are an undergraduate or foundation year student, you’ll have a Personal Tutor directly related to your course. If you need support with academic writing, numeracy and library skills, we’ll be sure to provide it. Our Student Learning and Graduate Academic Assistants have studied your subject and can support you based on their own experience.
- We’ll give you the help you need to write your CV, develop your job entry plan and make the relevant industry contacts that will let you pursue your career goals. You’ll graduate with a range of job opportunities in a variety of sectors, following in the footsteps of graduates who are now making their mark in companies including Accenture, Grant Thornton, Eurofins Forensic Service, Serious Fraud Office and Transport for London.