Arts Management is a complex and exciting discipline. Once mastered, it provides you with skills that can be applied to many areas of the arts and reach audiences in evermore innovative ways. Explore strategic, collaborative, and pioneering approaches with this challenging MA, which will equip you with the contemporary knowledge, research skills and business acumen you need to succeed worldwide.
Why study MA Arts Management at Middlesex University?
At Middlesex, we recognise that there are a wide range of career paths and further study options for those with an interest in Arts Management. That's why we developed our course to be flexible and interdisciplinary, with options to tailor your MA to suit your individual interests and needs, whether that's arts marketing, events, communications, entrepreneurship or further study beyond this programme.
You’ll be taught by leading practitioners and academics from our Business School and Media and Performing Arts departments, with opportunities to collaborate with students across a range of disciplines and tasks. Through a combination of theoretical and practical learning you'll develop a critical understanding of arts management in practice and the impact of research on audiences and industries worldwide
- The management skills you’ll be developing will enhance your employability in a competitive industry whilst the design of the programme allows you to develop your own unique specialisms across the field
- As part of the course, you’ll experience field trips and access to key arts organisations across London and the UK, such as Kings Place, the Roundhouse, Shakespeare’s Globe and the Southbank Centre
- When possible you’ll be taught by academics who are actively engaged in industries and research, ensuring that you have access to original findings, emerging theories and contemporary debates
- You’ll be able to enjoy our well-established evening series of performances, lectures and masterclasses from leading academics and practitioners the creative industries
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.