This course offers the knowledge and skills for designing, developing, and operating secure IP-based networks. It offers practical skills in the specification, design, modeling, and implementation of software and hardware. You will gain specialist knowledge of digital communications, multimedia communications, wireless networks, and security issues. You will study the technologies of LTE and 5G wireless networks and the Internet of Things.
You can combine this course with management studies. The Management Studies pathway is ideal if you aspire to a management position in the industry.
The aims of the course are to:
- Provide knowledge, skills, and a critical appreciation of the principles of data communications.
- Enable you to analyze a system and design an appropriate, custom solution.
- Develop subject-related practical skills.
- Provide you with the opportunities to develop written and oral communication skills;
Reasons to choose Kingston University
- Laboratories include test Local Area Network (LAN) and several types of wireless networks and enterprise-scale networking technologies, including equipment for testing Internet of Things communication and a mobile edge computing testbed. There is equipment for quality testing and immersive environments, including professional ultra high definition, high-dynamic range (HDR), and light field (plenoptic/holographic) cameras and displays, as VR/AR equipment.
- There are opportunities to carry out a project, or dissertation, in collaboration with industry and research fellowships after your MSc.
- You will have the opportunity to take a one-year professional placement (on request).