This course focuses on the design skills necessary for the field of game development. You will create and develop computer games both alone and as part of a team. Excellent facilities include Sony PlayStation 4 developer kits and software such as Unity Pro, Unreal, and Maya. You will also have access to our new Centre for Virtual and Augmented Reality. There is regular input from industry practitioners, particularly through the games incubator, and the chance to participate in Game Jams and Hackathons. With a professional presence, portfolio, and a range of skills, you will be ready to impress potential employers.
- This course has been developed in consultation with our industry panel, and we are an educational partner of Sony Interactive Entertainment through PlayStation First. We are also active members of TIGA, the games industry's representative body.
- This course has been designed to utilize the best digital media expertise and resources from across the University and will prepare you for employment in the digital media industry, where teams of specialists work together to develop and author innovative digital media projects.
Reasons to choose Kingston University
- Kingston University is an active member of The Independent Game Developers' Association (TIGA) and has been developed in consultation with the industry.
- Kingston is an educational partner of Sony Interactive Entertainment through PlayStation First. You will learn to develop games for PlayStation 4.
- You will use first-class facilities, such as gaming PCs, development consoles, and VR and AR kit kits