The first Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing in the UK, this course offers talented and aspiring writers the chance to refine their craft under the tutelage of acclaimed professionals and develop a unique combination of creative and practical skills on this course, in preparation for a career as a published writer.
You will learn in workshops, one-to-one, or small groups, with support from practicing and published writers, and fellow students. Our award-winning former creative writing students include Booker-shortlisted Oyinkan Braithwaite, and Joe Pierson, who won the Bridport Prize, Stefan Mohammed, awarded the Dylan Thomas Prize, Bafta-winner, Sarah Woolner, the acclaimed poet Dom Bury and celebrated novelist Faiqa Mansab.
Our external examiner has rated this course highly:
- 'This course has developed a strong identity in terms of encouraging students to fuse disparate, varied influences in their work.'
- 'I'm a fan of this course - well done!'
Reasons to choose Kingston
- The Creative Writing MFA (Master of Fine Arts) is designed for serious writers who would like to build upon their publishing record or become published writers.
- You will become part of Kingston's thriving community, with events such as readings, lectures from published authors, editors, and agents, masterclasses, and enriching discussions.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to Kingston University's publication, Ripple, which includes fiction, poetry, reviews, and creative non-fiction and is edited by students on the course.