The programme aims to provide a platform for more advanced studies, the acquisition of higher-level skills and knowledge, and increased employability, and professionalism. The intention of our master’s level suite of programmes is to build upon the experiences and achievements of our students and take them to the next level of personal development.
The programme has overarching aims, which will provide students with:
- A deepened and specialist knowledge in a specific field of computing
- Higher-level technical and professional skills
- Awareness of emerging trends and technologies in their specialist field
- The ability to critically appraise and disseminate research results
- A sound basis for further research and/or professional development.
At the programme specifics level, MSc Data Science and Big Data Analytics aim to provide an opportunity for the students to specialise in highly demanding areas of Data Science and Big Data technologies by providing deep knowledge of the techniques and unique issues surrounding the emerging use of data for analytics, decision making and monitoring within real-world contexts. The Advanced Practice option enables students to advance their knowledge and skills in terms of professional and personal development in the workplace from a practitioner’s perspective.