Employers are looking for individuals with the ability to work across different cultures, and to possess problem-solving and critical analysis skills.
As well as giving you the opportunity to achieve two additional awards (Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Management and a Level 7 Award in Professional Consulting), the CMI accredited Global Professional Development module may set you apart in a competitive job market. You will gain practical leadership skills to critically evaluate and develop solutions for complex, inter-related, multi-faceted issues that you could experience in your future organisations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of: the nature of diplomacy, its evolution and role in international politics; the changing international environment and how this affects and influences the development of diplomacy and law; and the principles of consultancy and the theories and practices found in leadership.
- Apply knowledge of the dynamics of diplomacy and international law in a wide range of situations and organisations.
- Show awareness of, and sensitivity to, differing international environments and the impact these have on political, economic and social actors.
- Apply research skills, identify appropriate sources and methods, take personal responsibility and demonstrate initiative in dealing with complex and unpredictable environments.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and evaluative skills to construct fair, coherent and convincing arguments.
- Exhibit advanced problem-solving skills, tackling complex issues both independently and as part of a team, identifying appropriate solutions in a systematic, creative and constructive manner.
The course prepares students for roles such as public administration within a Foreign Service or other government department, international civil services such as the United Nations or European Union, international agencies and non-governmental organisations, as well as multinational corporations, the international media, teaching and research.
Where our graduates work
Some of our graduates have been successful in securing employment in the foreign services of a range of countries from Ethiopia to the UK, as well as working in government departments in Barbados, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and the United Kingdom. Some have gone on to enter the diplomatic service in their home country; others have sought careers in international organisations, nongovernmental organisations, or international commerce and business.