Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Develop a critical understanding of appropriate research theories and empirical evidence relevant to banking policy, regulation and ethical practice.
- Assess banking and financial institutions’ operations within an international context by comparing different approaches to financial regulation and practice.
- Constructively analyse theoretical and empirical approaches to solving banking and financial problems in an international context.
- Apply financial modelling and analytical tools when conducting research using a variety of finance and finance-related resources such as relevant databases and literature in order to resolve typical finance and banking issues.
- Demonstrate digital literacy by using information, communication and digital technologies in solving different financial problems and be aware of emerging financial technologies that play a significant role in the finance and banking world now and in the future.
- Make rational decisions that take into account ethical issues faced by the finance and banking industry today and demonstrate awareness of the role played by ethics in making financial decisions.
- Understand what is meant by, and what is involved in, the risk management of financial issues and relevant factors influential to the investment behaviour of firms.
- Demonstrate enhanced employability including attributes such as professionalism, and interpersonal and communication skills to enable the effective oral written presentation of work, whilst also showing initiative and the ability to work independently.
Upon successful completion, you should be well placed to pursue a variety of potential future career options in finance, management, accounting, banking, personal and corporate finance and IT in private, public and third sector organisations. Subject to further training or qualification, you could find yourself exploring potential future roles as an accountant, auditor, business analyst, investment consultant, stock controller, tax assistant or teacher.
Alternatively, you may decide to pursue postgraduate study opportunities by studying courses such as Accounting and Financial Management MSc or Finance MSc here at Coventry Business School, which could further enhance your employability.
Please note that further study opportunities are subject to competitive application, availability, meeting any applicable visa requirements and additional costs may apply.