This MSc course seeks to prepare students to be successful senior managers and leaders in the highly competitive international air transport industry.
- The programme aims to foster an analytical understanding of the holistic nature of aviation management, together with a comprehensive knowledge of the functional nature of the business of air transportation, including the objectives, and physical and human requirements needed to facilitate high-quality and seamless transportation of people, products and services throughout the world.
- Referring to current developments in international and national aviation businesses, we can teach you to systematically and creatively evaluate all aspects of air transport management (ATM) to improve business and management practice.
- The subject range is vast and diverse, incorporating, for example, aspects of marketing and product development, such as how to create an effective brand and inflight experience for a modern airline or how to influence consumer choices, as well as how human factors impact safety culture.
- Particular attention is given to the tools and techniques used to establish the best combination of people and technology, including project management, logistics, production management, and many more practices promoted by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- You will have the option to apply for a ‘work placement’ opportunity2, designed to further develop your skills and knowledge with the aim of maximising your employability prospects. See modules for more information.