- Make sure you read all documents thoroughly and ask questions before signing anything.
- Ensure you have enrolled and obtained your student ID Card depending on your institution requirement and COVID guidelines.
- ATTEND AND ENGAGE in all your classes since attendance is compulsory. If you are unable to attend ensure to inform your tutor and the International office.
- Ensure to visit your student’s union and engage with student’s union and societies if COVID regulations allow to do so.
- Follow the local COVID guidelines and respect the laws surrounding it.
- Check your student email every single day and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Make sure to make paper copies of your passport, BRP (visa card), educational documents. Also upload them into cloud such as drop box or one drive if possible.
- If you need to pay additional fees to enrol, ensure you have arranged these funds prior to your departure either through bank transfer or pay online.
- Make sure you ask questions if you are in doubt, the first point of contact for all your issues will be your University’s international office. Do not assume anything without prior confirmation and clarification.
- Ensure you carry cash with you when you travel to cover your first-month expenses as it may take some time for you to open a UK bank account.
- Please ensure you follow government guidelines on what you can and can’t bring to the UK as outlined by the UK Customs authority. Visit the following link for more information https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/travelling-to-the-uk
The UK is a relatively safe place but like any other place, you need to ensure you take care when you are living in a foreign country. Ensure you have your emergency contact details provided to the university and take proactive measures to be safe. Ensure you know the local emergency numbers which in the UK is 999 for fire, ambulance and police. Do not carry expensive electronic items in the display when walking the streets and be vigilant. Rest assured you will have a good time in the UK.
Interested in studying abroad with STUDENT CONNECT?
Enter your details below and we'll call you back when it suits you.