The overall aim of the MSc Marketing course is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of students of marketing and business.
The course is designed to help build your knowledge, transferable skills and capabilities to prepare you for middle and senior appointments within public, private and social economy sectors in the global business arena.
This programme is also available as MSc Marketing with Advanced Practice, which includes either an internship or project.
The aims of this course are to:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with a particular focus on marketing
- Prepare you for a career in marketing and business by building the transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels
- Develop your ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice
- Enhance your lifelong learning skills and personal development to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems
- Develop strong transferable skills of logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues
- Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project
- Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning