The MSc gives you the chance to learn advanced concepts that covers areas of mechanical engineering, including materials science, thermofluids / energy systems, rigid / deformable body mechanics, manufacturing, strategy and design. This is reinforced with an examination of project and research methods, which provides students with an advanced skillset in professional and research practice.
University of Chester
Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or in a related area, with a minimum of 2:2 classification.
- IELTS: 6.5 (Min 5.5 in each sub-skill)
Automotive, aerospace, R&D, consultancy and manufacturing sectors. Transferable skills allow graduates to explore careers in management, finance, IT and the armed forces.
The course has a core theme addressing advanced issues in mechanical engineering and manufacturing, which will equip you to deal with complex problems using a wide range of contemporary techniques. Additionally, the development of a rigorous approach to research and original enquiry will be fostered in our Research Methods and project modules.
• Applied Finite Element Analysis Compulsory
• Laser Materials Processing Compulsory
• MSc Project Compulsory
• Mechanical Engineering Group Design Project Compulsory
• Research Methods Compulsory
• Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Systems Optional
• Agile and Lean Manufacturing for Contemporary Enterprises Optional
• Energy & Environment Optional
• Energy Systems
Are you ready to start building your future?
Contact our admission counseller and get a free consultation.