The MRes Applied Biomedical Sciences is for students who wish to work in clinical medicine and pursue further clinical research following completion of the MRes qualification. The focus of this MRes qualification is laboratory-based clinical research.
Aims of the program:
- To provide Biomedical Science graduate students with the opportunity to develop an independent, substantial piece of scholarly research in an area that fits with the department's supervisory expertise.
- To be informed by, and to contribute to, broader academic debates about the methods, approaches, and practices that underpin Biomedical Science Research.
- To provide students with advanced scientific research training appropriate for both Level 7 and doctoral research in Biomedical Science.
- To develop students' self-management, planning, and communication skills.
- To prepare fully those students with suitable interests for further postgraduate research at the Master/Doctor of Philosophy level and beyond.