Why choose this course?
Our Operating Department Practice degree allows students to learn in a manner which matches their future employment as an Operating Department Practitioner. We use a case study format throughout our teaching and assessment, meaning that all content relates directly to the real-life operating theatre environment.
Our degree is part of a collaboration with our local NHS Trust and local service users to ensure the course fulfils the requirements of the health service and community.
Key course features
- Opportunity to become professionally registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Become part of a growing nascent profession with excellent employment opportunity
- Develop knowledge and understanding of multi-professional care, autonomy and accountability within a professional framework and clinical problem-solving skills
- The main delivery site for this course is our Wrexham campus. Occasional interprofessional education sessions may be delivered from our St Asaph campus with students from various nursing and allied health courses.
- Case study approach to teaching, learning and assessment with considered assessment plan throughout the year