Why choose this course?
This technology-infused course has been designed to respond to identified skills gaps in the IT industry. It includes a mix of technology, security and networking modules with many hands-on practical opportunities.
Today’s businesses demand the ability to have computer systems and networks, which operate on a global scale – so there is a high demand for people with the skills to make this happen.
- Develop critical skills and cutting edge thinking to gain the confidence to keep up with the fast pace of change in this field.
- Develop technical knowledge of the installation, operation security, and maintenance of computer systems and networks used in business and industry.
- Develop industry-critical key skills such as team working, communication and business skills.
- Have opportunities to work on real-life projects.
- Learn the fundamentals of data communications and how to apply this knowledge to manage, design, implement, configure and operate secure networks on a professional footing.
- Learn how to identify a range of significant threats to network security and formulate and implement defence strategies.
- Have the opportunity to complete the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification whilst studying for their degree.
- Have access to Cisco Systems state-of-the-art equipment used in practical sessions.