Why choose this course?
This course is designed to develop strong technical game development and project management skills to enhance your employability.
We are home to the innovative Games Talent Wales programme and a UK regional Tranzfuser hub that is sponsored and supported by the UK Games Fund and UK Games Talent. Our business incubation centre is home to several award-winning student-owned game studios.
With more than a decade of evolution behind it, students on this course will:
- Develop the technical skills that underpin games design, programming and the technical game art pipeline.
- Enjoy the benefits of close industry engagement with regular visits, notable guest speakers, presentations, discussion groups and social events.
- Gain valuable experience and insight into the game development process and the management of an independent game studio.
- Benefit from a personal mentor with games development experience to help develop your skills and knowledge.
- Have access to our in-house business incubation centre and the latest tools and technology in a specialist game development studio.
- Develop a professional game design portfolio and critical employability skills.
- *Study a course that is part of a subject area rated 3rd in the UK and 1st in Wales for satisfaction with teaching, and 2nd in the UK and 1st in Wales for satisfaction with the course in the Computer Science and Information Systems subject league tables, The Guardian University Guide 2022.