Why choose this course?
Our BSc (Hons) Biochemistry degree introduces students to a range of industry standard and novel techniques focused on producing high quality graduates with excellent further study and employment opportunities.
This course will:
- Provide a broad practical based Biochemistry curriculum
- Develop competence in scientific methods of enquiry and problem solving
- Enable you to develop an in-depth knowledge in the field of Biochemistry and acquire a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject
- Enable you to learn practical skills in our brand-new teaching laboratories on the Plas Coch campus
- Enable you to integrate into the culture of research from enrolment through to graduation where they will interface with researchers from other disciplines. You will work alongside MRes and PhD students as well as Post-doctoral researchers on independent research projects in both the second and final year of the course
- Adopt an approach to learning and teaching utilising the university Active Learning Framework (ALF), which embraces the importance of flexibility, accessibility and building a sense of community
- Equips you in a wide range of industry standard and novel techniques applicable in Biochemistry.