YEAR 1 (FOUNDATION YEAR)
The foundation year will provide a grounding for students in all aspects of engineering and design in order to prepare them for further years of study.
- Analytical Methods for Engineering
- Design and Technology
- Mechanical Science
- Electrical and Electronic Science
- The Skills You Need
- Contextual Studies
YEAR 2 (LEVEL 4)
In year 2, students will develop an understanding of the fundamental concepts, principles and theories in engineering. You will acquire basic mathematic skills related to engineering and design problems and use CAD for engineering design. You will also develop competence of working safely in engineering laboratories and workshops, and be able to conduct laboratory procedures, measurement and workshop practices under the guidance of a tutor.
- CAD and production Science
- Introduction to Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Science
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering professional development
- Future Energy Systems and Sustainability
- Materials and the Environment
YEAR 3 (LEVEL 5)
Level 5 will build on the knowledge, concepts and skills acquired at Level 4, in addition to more specialist knowledge, skills in engineering design and analysis. More in-depth in theories in electrical power engineering, renewable energies, structures and finite element analysis, etc will be explored. You will also develop an understanding of business and research methods.
- Further Engineering Maths
- Structures Analysis
- Engineering Futures
- Wind and Hydro Engineering
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Solar, Biomass and Storage Engineering
YEAR 4 (LEVEL 6)
At Level 6, students will acquire a critical understanding and application of the higher level concepts, principles and theories in engineering, as well as a critical understanding and explanation of advanced topics in composite materials, design, modelling/simulation, and advanced renewable technologies. You will use the knowledge and skills you have acquired to do an individual project.
- Option 1 Mechanical Engineering Modelling and simulation / Option 2 Electrical and electronic engineering modelling and simulation
- Smart Grids, storage and energy mix
- Option A Energy saving, Low carbon and recycling systems
- Option B Power Electronics and Electrical Machines
- Professional Engineering