Why choose this course?
From transport and renewable energy to aerospace and robotics, this degree equips you with the sought-after skills to work at the forefront of new and emerging technologies. The course, accredited by the Engineering Council, explores how electrical engineers shape the future of these sectors through innovation and design.
- Have access to electronic design and testing labs, power electronics labs, programmable logic controllers (PLC) labs and computer-aided design (CAD) labs.
- Gain practical experience on industry-standard software packages, developing skills that are sought-after by industry.
- Be equipped with analytical, computational, design and transferable skills, including an awareness of social, environmental and ethical implications.
- Benefit from strong links to local and national industry, with opportunities for site visits.
- Focus on specialisms within Power, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control.
- Be able to tailor your module choices to specialise in either Electrical or Electronic Engineering, depending on your goals and interests.