Why choose this course?
Our Product Design degree focuses on the high-quality practical skills needed to be a professional Product Designer. You will gain experience in digital technologies and techniques that will enable you to turn your imaginative ideas into design boards through prototypes and practical making skills.
- Learn principles of design communication and drawing- applying these to your own client pitches, design boards, prototypes and final ‘market ready’ products.
- Develop your material and design skills through a series of projects including concept design, digital fabrication, and user-centred design.
Key course features
- Includes a foundation year to prepare you for further study.
- We have excellent commercial links with direct access to live design projects.
- The software you will use is of the latest industry standard. We provide the full suite you will need including Creative Cloud and SolidWorks.
- You will also have access to Wacom Cintiq tablets, material workshops and digital fabrication equipment.
- We offer industry-focused visits and a variety of study trips so you can gain first-hand insight into how the design industry works and the variety of employment opportunities that are available while you develop your career aspirations.