Why choose this course?
This course offers a practical programme of study, enabling you to bring characters to life. This specialised Animation programme will transform you into a versatile creative in the art of the moving image. Designed and developed from the ground up with employability as the core aim, you will develop skills in 2D, 3D and stop motion animation.
You will finish your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to pursue a career within animation studios, work as a freelance artist, or start your own studio.
- Learn the principles of visual communication and drawing and apply them to character design, background design, storyboarding and scene layout.
- Explore the principles of animation with a focus on 2D digital techniques.
- Work in teams on a short film to be submitted to film festivals, both nationally and internationally.
- Practice character animation using 3D techniques to build up a professional show reel.
- Specialise and develop a final degree project that will push on the boundaries of your skills to ensure you stand out from the crowd in the job market.