Why choose this course?
This course is for those seeking a career supporting learners across the sectors in educational settings such as mainstream schools, resource provision units, special schools, post-compulsory provision or within the local authority support services.
Planning, preparation, delivery and evaluation of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of learners with ALN/SEND.
- provides the opportunity to develop the specialist knowledge, skills and work experience needed to go straight into the workplace or teaching via a Primary Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Post-compulsory qualification (PcET)
- opens up additional employment opportunities in informal education settings or progression to further study
- combines taught modules and placement experiences in a range of settings
- enables you to interrelate the policy, theory and practice of learning and teaching for a range of learners and a range of ALN/SEND including communication and interaction needs and SpLD/Dyslexia
- includes a foundation year, giving you the broad knowledge base and academic skills you'll need to succeed during the rest of your degree