Our MA Art and Design: Interdisciplinary Practices develops your professional practice while engaging with the hybrid nature of art and design in contemporary culture. You will apply art and design methodologies to challenge conventional viewpoints. A multidisciplinary team of expert staff encourages you to work across mediums, processes and working methods (such as photography, installation, print, digital media, sculpture, illustration, curatorial practice, textiles, drawing, sound, graphic design, site-specific art, participatory arts or 3D design).
This stimulating course offers you an education in contemporary art and design from an interdisciplinary perspective. You will be supported as creative individuals from a range of tutors and practitioners, with the aim of pushing your existing practice in new directions. The course helps you develop a wider contextual understanding of your practice, while gaining strong research skills in order to develop interdisciplinary projects underpinned by contextual and theoretical debates.
You will be encouraged to develop independent study in relation to different cultural perspectives and a range of contemporary art and design practices, such as fine art, curation, visual communication, fashion, product and interior design.
- This programme has been developed to respond to the changing face of art, the creative industries and incorporates the collaborative interdisciplinary practice from WGU researchers into socially engaged practice.
- Our staff will support and encourage you to find internships and work placements with local and regional organisations.
- You will learn creative management techniques and important business principles to underpin your creative and imaginative progress, which will help to prepare you for a career after the course is completed.
- Your learning will include understanding and engaging with contemporary practices, issues, technologies and exhibits.
- Form part of our vibrant international creative community with staff committed to nurturing your potential, ready for you to take your talent to the next level.