This study route is designed to introduce international students to higher education while experiencing life abroad in the UK. It aims to prepare you with a deeper understanding of academic culture that will allow you to flourish in your chosen degree studies.
It will offer you the chance to:
- Develop accounting skills through teaching methods focused on hands-on, interactive learning through case studies and more.
- Develop the appropriate level of academic language, study skills, and content knowledge to meet the entry requirements of your progression degree programme.
- Acquire a strong, critical approach to real-world problems specific to language and education skill levels, as well as be allowed ample opportunities to reflect upon your learning.
- Enhance your academic English and learning with English modules taught first to set you up for success as you go on to your accounting and finance modules later on.
- Build on the fundamentals of accounting and accounting concepts, such as ethics, cost and revenues. You will be introduced to professional software3
The Accounting and Finance International Foundation Year (IFY) can help support you to select a degree specialism in this field. It also aims to prepare you with the necessary toolkit to be successful while heading into your chosen degree. It will help you take a critical approach to your studies, reflect on your learning, organise your studies, and be a strong, independent learner.