Working with children on educational and personal development can be an extremely rewarding career. Focusing on ages 0 to 8, this course aims to produce graduates who can contribute to early years provision.
Success in this field demands creativity, empathy, logic and a great deal of knowledge alongside the ability to draw upon life experiences. As no two days are the same in this industry, this course focuses on policies, processes, best practices and practical learning to help you understand the key fundamentals of child development2.
- Opportunities to engage with students at other international universities and industry experts through initiatives like our Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) project.
- Conduct critical research with our highly-experienced staff.
- Opportunity to take part in invaluable practical placements2,5
- Additional option to work towards obtaining Graduate Practitioner status in early childhood settings*
- Undertake an investigation into a topic relating to early childhood enabling you to make informed recommendations for future policy, research and practice.
- You are encouraged to draw on your own personal experience and make links between your study at university, your personal experience and your professional practice in the field of early childhood.
- You can explore a range of international perspectives on early childhood, which you can apply to your own research area.
We offer a style of education which is flexible and designed to fit around your life, allowing you to benefit from a modern, forward-thinking higher education institution, reinforced by the quality and reputation of Coventry University. We aim to provide career-focused courses, wherever possible, coupled with placement opportunities to help prepare you for the world of work. We are dedicated to making higher education accessible and enjoyable to everyone, so we keep our fees low and made it a policy to cover one module at a time, allowing you to become a specialist in each topic before moving onto the next.