Our postgraduate Professional Accounting degree combines the study of contemporary academic theory and research with gaining a practical understanding of accounting. With us, you will learn to operate in the global marketplace, readying you to pursue a career in accounting, or enhance your knowledge of accounting standards and procedures.
On the course you will cover strategic financial issues which are essential for accounts and learn about the applied methodologies of management accounting, financial accounting and corporate finance. You will develop an understanding of the theory and practice of accounting while enhancing the critical thinking which are admired by employers. We will introduce you to the latest contemporary research in accounting and encourage you to apply the knowledge gained to your accounting practice.
When you join the York Business School, you become part of an active learning community. Work with your tutors and peers as you explore, discuss and analyse solutions to problems in business finance.
- Prepares you for the final 4 Strategic Professional examination papers of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Enables you to develop a sound understanding of the skills necessary to undertake a professional accounting role in any organisation
- Focuses on encouraging responsible and ethical leaders in business
- Places emphasis on both theoretical rigour and practical experience
- Uses assessment methods that mirror organisational based activities
Throughout the course you will receive excellent personal and academic support from your tutors and wider university services.