Entrepreneurial and innovation skills are increasingly sought after by employers who want their teams to take advantage of new opportunities. You will learn to apply best practice approaches to designing, developing, and running your own innovation-driven business.
The course will explore the process of generating new business ideas, developing and refining ideas, designing the infrastructure, right through to launching the business. You will focus on how innovation can be exploited in technological and business contexts.
You can choose to study this course with a Year in Industry, allowing you to apply your learning and gain valuable experience. If you choose a Year in Industry you will be studying for a total of 2 years. Your first year will be a teaching year. In your second year you will either be on placement or conducting a skills and research based module.
Special features of the course include:
- Developing an understanding of the skills needed to undertake leadership responsibilities in an ethical and informed way
- An emphasis on the combination of theory and practical experience
- Supporting you to develop entrepreneurship and innovation skills and operate effectively and competently in international markets.
- Assessment methods used to mirror organisational based activities
- Participation in active and supportive forums drawing on practical expertise
- Opportunities to gain work experience