You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Take part in a funded company visit to a leading company, such as Jaguar Land Rover, one of the most successful and lucrative businesses in the world.
- Choose to deliver a work-based study project or consultancy project in the final stage of the course using a current employer or a client you find yourself.
- Seek support and engage with events and activities provided by Birmingham City University’s careers service.
- Take part in Birmingham City University’s Graduate Plus scheme.
- Receive employment advice and support via your Personal Tutor.
Our graduates have obtained employment in management positions, or have set up their own successful businesses. Former students are employed in managerial positions across the globe, including land management (Kenya), manufacturing (China), HR (Germany), finance (Canada), insurance (France) and teaching (India, UK and Sri Lanka). You’ll learn new perspectives on a changing business world, enabling you to provide employers with relevant and cutting-edge information. The research skills you develop doing your Major Project will also look good on your CV.
A postgraduate qualification can really help you stand out from the crowd in today’s competitive job market. By becoming a specialist in your field, you’ll have the chance to advance thinking in that subject and lead, rather than follow, the latest developments.
OpportUNIty: Student Jobs on Campus ensures that our students are given a first opportunity to fill many part-time temporary positions within the University. This allows you to work while you study with us, fitting the job around your course commitments. By taking part in the scheme, you will gain valuable experiences and employability skills, enhancing your prospects in the job market.
It will also allow you to become more involved in University life by delivering, leading and supporting many aspects of the learning experience, from administration to research and mentoring roles.