Gain the knowledge and skills you need to find creative solutions to design problems. We will help you understand how your products can meet the needs of users and make a difference to the way we live. From the day you join the course you will respond to briefs as you draw, model and make products. While studying with us you will:
- Examine human factors and how we use products
- Conduct user-centred research to understand user needs
- Explore the materials and processes used in product design
- Learn to test and evaluate product prototypes
- Consider the differences between designing for bespoke and industrial product design
To turn your innovations into reality, we will help you decide the best materials, processes and technologies to use. You will become an experienced user of computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided manufacture (CAM) applications.
When you choose to study with us, you have the opportunity to:
- Take part in national competitions to put your ideas out into the world
- Work with industry clients on live briefs, researching and presenting your own proposals to clients
- Visit cities around the world, so you can experience international contemporary design and find new inspiration
- Exhibit your work at our annual degree show, the perfect way to build a professional network
Our team of designers and technical specialists are here to support you. Your tutors will really get to know you, your practice and your ambitions.