This course will give you the confidence and skills you need to reach your potential as a photographer. You will focus on your practical photography skills and develop an understanding of photography theory to support your practical work. While studying with us you will:
- Learn techniques for processing images both digitally and in a dark room
- Create images in studios with controlled lighting
- Work on location with available light
- Work with a range of camera formats, lenses and technologies
- Study the theories and histories of photography
- Consider the impact your photography has on society, culture and the creative industries
You will apply this learning to different genres of photography. This might include documentary, art, editorial and studio photography.
Our facilities are available for you to use outside of taught classes. Our photography studio, Mac suite and dark room provide everything you need to create inspiring photographs. You can borrow equipment to try out different brands and lenses.
When you choose to study with us, you get more than the skills you need to succeed. You gain experiences that make you stand out. We give you opportunities to:
- Learn from visiting photographers
- Take part in work placement opportunities and projects with local businesses
- Showcase your work at our annual degree show and national graduate exhibitions
- Visit cities around the world to enrich your cultural awareness